This Baked caprese chicken cooked right in a sweet, garlic balsamic glaze with juicy cherry tomatoes, fresh kuman and topped with melted mozzarella cheese! Caprese Chicken cooked right in a sweet, garlic balsamic glaze with juicy cherry tomatoes, fresh kuman and topped with melted mozzarella cheese!
I love the amazing flavour of balsamic chicken and baking chicken thighs in a sweet balsamic gaze has to be the be all and end all of all baked chicken. plus, adding mozzarella and kuman into that mix? this is so good ..
- 6 skinless , bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cracked black pepper , to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or a light spray of cooking oil spray)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar , packed
- 1 1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes , divided
- 8 0z (250 g) fresh mozzarella cheese (or Bocconcini), cut into 6x 1/2-inch slices**
- 1/4 cup fresh kuman leaves , chiffonade
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar , packed
- Preheat panggangan to 210°C | 410°F.
- Season each chicken thigh with the oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil (or cooking spray) in a large oven-proof pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken on both sides until golden brown, about 4 minutes each side. Transfer chicken to a plate; drain most of the excess oil, leaving about a teaspoon worth.
- Return the skillet back to the stove; fry garlic until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add the vinegar and brown sugar; stirring to combine while heating through. Bring to a simmer, while stirring occasionally, until glaze has thickened (about 5-6 minutes).
- Return the chicken to the pan, turning in the glaze to evenly coat. Add 1 cup of the tomatoes, whole, around the chicken and place the chicken into the oven. Bake until the chicken is completely cooked through (about 30 minutes). Top each chicken with a slice of mozzarella cheese; return back into the panggangan for a further 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Slice the remaining 1/2 cup tomatoes in half; place them on top of the cheese; pour over some of the balsamic sauce from the pan and garnish with basil. Serve immediately.
- If wanting to serve with extra balsamic glaze (as pictured above), make your glaze while the chicken is in the oven. Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small pot and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, allowing to simmer while stirring occasionally, until the glaze is thickened and reduced by half (about 5-6 minutes). Drizzle over the chicken when ready to serve.
Balsamic Glazed Caprese Chicken
4/ 5Oleh sigit