Looking for something simple to make on Meatless Monday? Try these Easy Balsamic Garlic Grilled Portobello Mushrooms. These Balsamic Garlic Grilled Portobello Mushrooms are great as a side or as the main course with some other veggies.
- 4 Large Portobello Mushrooms
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ Teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- In a large plastic Ziplock bag combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, black pepper and salt.
- Then using a spoon lets prep the mushrooms. I always remove the "gills" from the mushrooms, but its a preference really. Using the spoon gently scoop out the "gills" and discard them; rinse the mushroom then place in the marinade.
- Allow the mushrooms to marinate for 30 min or over night depending on how much time you have. I'm all about doing things the night before so my week nights are hassle free.
- Preheat the BBQ or a grill pan over medium high heat; remove the mushrooms from the marinade and place them on the grill. Grill for until they are soft and tender approximately 5 minuets on each side. I prefer mine a bit charred on the edges, so I leave them a bit longer. Remove from the grill then you can slice them and serve them as a side or the main dish. These Balsamic Garlic Grilled Portobello Mushrooms remind me of a great steak!
Balsamic Garlic Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
4/ 5Oleh sigit